Forbes has LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner on the cover—but the professional social network’s business model is the real hero of the story 안드로이드 adb 다운로드.
Here are some of the amazing statistics Forbes’ George Anders reports:
- LinkedIn users spend an average of 18 minutes a month on the site. Facebook users spend 6.4 hours a month 다운로드.
- But LinkedIn gets $1.30 in revenue for every hour those users spend on site. Facebook: 6.2 cents.
- Anders describes LinkedIn’s most expensive product offering, LinkedIn Recruiter, as a “Bloomberg terminal” for talent scouts. It costs up to $8,200 a year per “seat,” or user license 다운로드.
- Adobe, a big LinkedIn customer, has 70 seats. At list prices, that’s about half a million in revenue a year from a single client 다운로드.
- LinkedIn’s top salespeople make as much as $400,000 a year selling Recruiter.
- LinkedIn spends 33 percent of revenue on sales and marketing 구글포토 사진 전체.
- LinkedIn’s profits are expected to double this year to $70 million.
Via – How LinkedIn Gets TWENTY Times More Money Per User Than Facebook
**Note: Facebook’s profit in the last quarter was $205 million on revenue of $1.1 billion 다운로드.
Continue reading How Linkedin gets 20x more money per user than Facebook
It takes the average reader just seven hours to read the final book in Suzanne Collins’s “Hunger Games” trilogy on the Kobo e-reader—about 57 pages an hour 다운로드. Nearly 18,000 Kindle readers have highlighted the same line from the second book in the series: “Because sometimes things happen to people and they’re not equipped to deal with them.” And on Barnes & Noble’s Nook, the first thing that most readers do upon finishing the first “Hunger Games” book is to download the next one 다운로드.
In the past, publishers and authors had no way of knowing what happens when a reader sits down with a book. Does the reader quit after three pages, or finish it in a single sitting 쉬운성경 다운로드? Do most readers skip over the introduction, or read it closely, underlining passages and scrawling notes in the margins? Now, e-books are providing a glimpse into the story behind the sales figures, revealing not only how many people buy particular books, but how intensely they read them 니코동 음원 다운로드.
For centuries, reading has largely been a solitary and private act, an intimate exchange between the reader and the words on the page. But the rise of digital books has prompted a profound shift in the way we read, transforming the activity into something measurable and quasi-public 다운로드.
The full story – Your E-Book Is Reading You
Continue reading Real-time stats revolutionized journalism – what will they do to books 새 신발 다운로드?
The United Nations has gone mobile…in a big way. In just a few clicks I found more than 10 iPhone apps covering everything from news to statistics to global photos 다운로드.
Plus, a very cool short video about the apps from Jess3:
I’ve just downloaded all these apps and haven’t yet played with them, so no recommendations yet 다운로드. Let me know if you have any suggestions or tips:
Pieces of Peace
The app makes it easy to get involved and includes some innovative (and fun) ways to learn about the work of the United Nations 연가시 다운로드. An interactive photo-scramble game, “Pieces of Peace,” gives users the ability to have fun while they learn by unscrambling photos taken around the world that are related to the work of the UN 다운로드. The game includes ways for users to learn as they play, helping build awareness and knowledge about international issues. Integrated social media options also allow users to organically share this content with friends, brag about their photo-unscrambling prowess, and encourage them to get involved 다운로드.
Continue reading United Nations has gone mobile – so many apps for world peace and development
Do you ever wonder how many millions of people, before the days of the internet, kept journals?
Do you think the numbers would compare to the millions who are now blogging, tweeting, and social networking…
On to the real story:
Millions More Bloggers and Blog Readers
Here is another interesting fact about the recession 필드지니어스 다운로드. Since it began in 2006, the number of blogs in the world has risen from 36 million to 173 million. That is a near 5x growth.
Do you think that has any relation the recession or is just a correlation 다운로드?
That same data shows that 2x as many people blog on social networks as compared to traditional blog websites. So perhaps the rapid growth is due to the rise of social networks Windows apache download?
Ah, well the data shows that the majority of bloggers are women, half of whom are moms. Another 20% of bloggers are fathers. Something about parenting drives a person to blog…
More stats at neilsenwire
Plastic bags contribute to the pollution of California’s ocean and beaches.
- Californians use approximately 16 billion plastic bags per year – more than 400 annually per person 에스라인 다운로드.
- Less than 5 percent of plastic bags are recycled. Instead, they end up sitting in landfills, littering streets, clogging streams, fouling beaches, or floating out to sea 토 도우 영상 다운로드.
- Plastic trash threatens ocean ecosystems.
- The city of San Francisco estimated that the taxpayer cost to subsidize the recycling, collection, and disposal of plastic and paper bags amounts to as much as 17 cents per bag 오프라인 게임 다운로드. Applied to California as a whole, that adds up to more than $1 billion per year.
More than 80 national and local governments around the world have taken action to protect the ocean by reducing the use of plastic bags 윈도우 10 순정 다운로드.
- At least 20 nations and 47 local governments have passed bans on distributing specific kinds of throw-away plastic bags, including the nations of Italy, Kenya, Mongolia, Macedonia, and Bangladesh; the states of Maharashtra, India and Buenos Aires, Argentina; and the cities of Karachi, Pakistan and Telluride, Colorado 다운로드.
- Approximately 26 nations and local communities have established fee programs to reduce plastic bag use and/or increase the use of reusable alternatives, including Botswana, China, Hong Kong, Wales, Ireland, Israel, Canada’s Northwest Territories, Toronto, Mexico City, and Washington, D.C 다운로드.
Bans and meaningful fee programs effectively reduce plastic bag pollution.
- Bans and fee programs quickly reduce plastic bag distribution 다운로드.
- Fee – In 2002, Ireland established a 28 U.S. cents per bag fee, and saw plastic bag use drop by 90 percent within the first year 굿윌헌팅 한글자막.
- Fee – Washington, D.C., implemented a much smaller 5 cent tax on plastic bags, the number of bags distributed by food retailers fell from 22.5 million per month to 3.3 million per month 윤미래 너를 사랑해 다운로드.
- Ban – San Francisco, the year after banning plastic bags at pharmacies and supermarkets in 2007, businesses distributed 127 million fewer plastic bags, and cut overall bag waste reaching the city landfill by up to 10 percent 뉴페이스 mp3.
Fourteen city and county governments in California have taken successful action to reduce plastic bag pollution.
- Fourteen California cities and counties have bans on plastic bags in effect, including Long Beach, Santa Monica, San Jose, San Francisco, and Pasadena.
- Five of these communities, including Marin County and San Jose, have also authorized mandatory charges on paper bags to encourage citizens to use reusable bags.
Much more progress can be made to reduce plastic pollution in the ocean and transform our throw-away culture.
- Education and recycling cannot keep pace with the generation of plastic bag pollution. Despite a 2006 law requiring retailers to place bag recycling bins in front of their stores, less than 5 percent of bags are recycled.
- To make a real impact, all California cities and counties should restrict the use of plastic bags, and advocate for similar action at the state level.
From the Frontier Group.
4 important facts about unemployment from economist Lee Ohanian:
- The economy should be creating 500,000 jobs/month, instead of 200,000 다운로드.
- Long-term unemployed makes up half of those unemployed, and they have little or no value in our economy.
- The retirement age is certainly going to rise 다운로드.
- Those with only a high school degree or less are not competitive in the global economy.
More than 200,000 new jobs were created in January, 2012 파크라이 프라이멀 다운로드. What do you make of the pace of job growth?
The major puzzle about the U.S. economy has been the remarkably slow job growth. The U.S. economy should be creating about 500,000 jobs per month now, given high worker productivity, the large pool of available workers and the fairly high level of corporate profits 다운로드. While 200,000 jobs sounds really positive, it is only about half of what we should be seeing.
The long-term unemployed — those who have been out of work for more than six months 저작권 없는 음악 무료 다운로드. It seems that new jobs are going to people who have just entered the workforce or to those who were unemployed for a short time. What’s going on here 유튜브 영어자막 다운로드?
Long-term unemployment is at a record level of nearly 50 percent of the unemployed. The market value of these workers is very low, because many simply don’t have the specific skills required to compete in today’s economy 다운로드. It becomes the problem of retraining construction workers to become health care workers. It can’t be done overnight, but this process needs to move forward 퍼스트퀸4 리메이크 다운로드. Those construction jobs aren’t coming back anytime soon. Reforming unemployment insurance to include retraining funding would be useful.
What is your view on the retirement age in the U.S. 다운로드? Is it too low, too high or just right?
The retirement age is now, depending on what year you were born, between 65 and 67 for full benefits dur download. This will almost certainly rise in response to dealing with the upcoming shortfall in Social Security associated with baby boomers [more than 70 million of them ] who are now approaching retirement. The aging of the baby boom cohort will increase the share of the population who is 65 and older from its current level of 13 percent to about 19 percent of the population. This will put enormous pressure on the underfunded Social Security system — so get ready for a gradual increase in the full retirement age.
How has unemployment differentially impacted workers?
Education level is a major differentiator. Workers with high levels of education and training — those with bachelor’s degrees and beyond — have very low unemployment rates, about 4 percent. In contrast, those with no post-high-school education and very young workers have unemployment rates of more than 20 percent. The message is very clear: A good career starts with a solid education that includes training beyond high school.
Low-skilled and unskilled workers were hit very hard by the recession and continue to suffer. Is anything going to change for them?
This again points to education. Many of these unemployed have only a high school degree or never graduated from high school. These workers are, for the most part, no longer competitive in the global economy. Many may not be competitive even at current minimum wages, and some probably wouldn’t work for minimum wages. Fundamentally, they need to retrain in order to successfully re-engage in the labor market.
- Average entertainment consumption on TV – 32 hours, 47 minutes
- ” on the internet – 4 hours
- ” on TiVo – 2 hours, 21 minutes
- Average video consumption on internet – 27 minutes
- Average video consumption on a mobile device – 7 minutes
What age range are you in 원신한 폰트?
Did you notice that kids watch more TV than teenagers and young adults…
// Nielsen data unique based on the Total Population in the U.S 다운로드. – all 297 million Americans over age 2 – whether or not they have the technology (Q2 2011)
쉘 스크립트 ftp 다운로드
19 Nominations for actors playing kings and queens of England
$325,000 – Cost of It Happened One Night (Best Picture, 1935)
$237 million – Cost of Avatar (Best Picture nomination, 2010—it lost)
23 – Best Picture nominees in which Bess Flowers appeared, the most of any actor (and she was an extra in all 23 films)
5 minutes – Length of shortest Oscar ceremony (1929)
4 hours 23 minutes – Length of longest Oscar ceremony (2002)
16 Best Picture winners set in New York
- The Broadway Melody
- The Great Ziegfeld
- You Can’t Take It With You
- Going My Way
- The Lost Weekend
- Gentleman’s Agreement
- All About Eve
- The Apartment
- West Side Story
- Midnight Cowboy
- The French Connection
- The Godfather
- The Godfather, Part II
- Annie Hall
- Kramer vs sourceforge. Kramer
2 Best Picture winners set in Los Angeles
- Million Dollar Baby
And, twenty-two more quirky facts at – Oscar by the Numbers
슈퍼버니맨 무료 다운로드