“I based everything on that part of the ocean called the beach – the border between common civilization and dreams…I chose the dreams and it’s like living in Wonderland.”
Block10 productions is proud to present David Pecchi, eclectic and talented surfer of the Onde Nostre Crew, shot in Italy, California, Indonesia.
Ritratti Di Surf is a series of short videos about surfers, shapers, artists and other characters somehow connected to Onde Nostre and the Italian surf culture.
“Us Italians we don’t have waves but we have a heart, big like this, more. Even bigger than the brain. We have passion. We suffer, we wait for waves for months, and after a month of flat spell when we get a 2 foot wind swell. If you really like surfing, you paddle out and give it all you got.”
Directed by Luca Merli
Edited by Giovanni “Sbrokked” Barberis and Luca Merli
Photography by Luca Merli, Matteo Ferrari and Giovanni “Sbrokked” Barberis.
Additional Photography by Alessandro Ponzanelli, Daniele Testi
Lettering by Luca Barcellona
Music Consultant & Marketing by Gabriele “Gabro” Minelli
Songs: VOICES OF JAMAICA A Mixtape by Blundetto, Joya Landis (Blundedit) ‘When The Lights Are Low’, Ken Boothe ‘Mr Wind’, Gregory Isaacs ‘Reform Institute’, Blundetto dubplate with Don Camilo ‘Rocky Road’.
Starring: David Pecchi, Alessandro Ponzanelli, Oliver Parker, Ricky Brotini.
I love sharing surf films on 1X57 – check out the nearly 50 videos.
Vimeo has always sought to differentiate itself as a platform for high-quality video content. Now the IAC-owned video platform is now adding features to help creators enhance their videos and make even them more attractive to viewers.
The latest update makes a big push around improving videos by adding soundtracks, and it’s got two main product announcements along those lines:
- First, it’s rolling out a cloud-based “Enhancer” tool that will let users make changes to their videos without having to edit them on the desktop and re-upload. The main point of the tool for now is the ability for creators to instantly add music to their videos, straight from the Vimeo web site. In addition to adding music, they can also update audio levels and control the start- and end-point of a song.
- Second, is the addition of nearly 4,000 new soundtrack options from new music partner SmartSound. Those options come on top of the 50,000 titles already available through Vimeo’s soundtrack tool, but provide more flexibility than existing options. For $1.99 per song for a personal license and $19.99 for a commercial license, users can create customized soundtracks of SmartSound songs. That includes the ability to control the length, musical arrangement and instrument mix of those 4,000 SmartSound tracks.
Vimeo continues to try to define itself as the place for artsy independent video producers to showcase their goods.
Continue reading Vimeo adds soundtrack features in a push to keep supporting independent filmmakers
“By The Way” is a fifteen minute short surf film by Haley Gordon.
Featuring Sara Taylor, Ornella Pellizzari, Silvana Lima, Margaux Arramon-Tucoo, Jenna Balester, Kim Kirch, Jen Smith, Courtney Conlogue, Danica Elbertse, Kaleigh Gilchrist, Rebecca Woods, Sofia Mulanovich, Malia Manuel, Leila Hurst.
- Carrot To A Knife Fight
- Silvana Lima Is Taking Over The Video
- This Is Margaux
- Empty Lowers
- Adventure Galley / Marooned
- Cults / Abducted
- Arcade Fire / Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
- Legends / Heart
- Lana Del Rey / Blue Jeans (PatrickReza Dubstep Remix)
- Hudson / Against The Grain