- Biergarten, open-air drinking establishment.
- Blitz, taken from Blitzkrieg (lightning war) 다운로드. It is a team defensive play in American or Canadian football in which the defense sends more players than the offense can block.
- Delicatessen, speciality food retailer, fine foods (German spelling Delikatessen)
- Doppelgänger, literally double-goer, also spelled in English as doppelganger; a double or look-alike 체스게임 다운로드. However, in English the connotation is that of a ghostly apparition of a duplicate living person.
- Ersatz, replacement; usually implying an artificial and inferior substitute or imitation 다운로드.
- Hamburger, sandwich with a meat patty and garnishments.
- Iceberg (German Eisberg)
- kaput (German spelling: kaputt), out-of-order, broken 관전자 데이터를.
- Karabiner, snaplink, a metal loop with a sprung or screwed gate, used in climbing and mountaineering; modern short form/derivation of the older word ‘Karabinerhaken’; translates to ‘riflehook’ 다운로드. The German word can also mean Carbine.
- Kindergarten, literally children’s garden; day-care centre, playschool, preschool 래빗스쿨 다운로드.
- Kitsch, cheap, sentimental, gaudy items of popular culture.
- Kohlrabi, type of cabbage.
- Muesli, breakfast cereal (German spelling: Müesli or Müsli) 철권6 iso 다운로드.
- Neanderthal (modern German spelling: Neandertal), for German Neandertaler, meaning “of, from, or pertaining to the Neandertal (“Neander Valley”)”, the site near Düsseldorf where early Homo neanderthalensis fossils were found 다운로드.
- Nein — no.
- Noodle, from German Nudel, a type of food; a string of pasta.
- Poltergeist, literally noisy ghost; an alleged paranormal phenomenon where objects appear to move of their own accord 영화 장난스런 키스 다운로드.
- Poodle, from German Pudel, breed of dog.
- Pretzel (Standard German spelling: Brezel), flour and yeast based pastry 윈도우 7 언어팩 다운로드.
- Pumpernickel, type of sourdough rye bread, strongly flavoured, dense, and dark in colour.
- Quartz (German Quarz)
- Sauerkraut (sometimes shortened to Kraut), fermented cabbage.
- Schadenfreude, joy from pain (literally harm joy); delight at the misfortune of others.
- Schnaps, distilled beverage.
- Spritzer, chilled drink from white wine and soda water (from spritzen = to spray).
- Strudel (e. g. Apfelstrudel, milk-cream strudel), a filled pastry.
- uber, über, over; used to indicate that something or someone is of better or superior magnitude, e.g. Übermensch.
- verboten, prohibited, forbidden.
- Wanderlust, the yearning to travel.
- Wiener, hot dog (from Wiener Würstchen = Viennese sausage).
- Wunderkind, literally wonder child; a child prodigy.
- Zeitgeist, spirit of the time.
Continue reading List of German expressions commonly used in English
Even more interesting considering that both this Economist article and the Bloomberg exposé are currently blocked in China.
In recent years China’s leaders have become increasingly concerned that the public’s awareness of the growing wealth gap could lead to social instability 모델 심. In Beijing, displays of gratuitous overcompensation are a daily reminder that some people, in keeping with a famous dictum of Deng Xiaoping’s, have indeed got rich first 다운로드. Officials last year even went so far as to try suppressing ads that promote “luxury lifestyles”—lest the have-nots be inspired to rise up and storm the local Lamborghini dealership 다운로드.
Perhaps even more troubling for the Party is the surge in scepticism over how such wealth seems to find its way into the hands of officials and their families, not to mention into those of their beloved Swiss bankers, English boarding schools and Australian estate agents 연애의 발견 9회 다운로드. Particularly galling are the reports about the great number of officials who have taken to working “naked”. That is to say, many officials are working in China while their wives, children and, presumably, a chunk of the motherland’s money take residence overseas 다운로드. A report released last year estimated that as much as $120 billion may have been transferred abroad by corrupt officials.
The Chinese media have been given greater freedom to report on corruption and the financial shenanigans of large companies of late 윈도우 7 마이크로소프트 다운로드. Which makes it all the more striking that reporting on the business activities of the Central Committee’s wives and offspring is still strictly forbidden 스톰송 다운로드.
So one can only imagine the consternation caused by yesterday’s sensational exposé by Bloomberg, which details the financial assets belonging to the family of China’s president-in-waiting, Xi Jinping…
More on this story – Wealth and power: It’s a family affair
Continue reading Communist party in China facing public anger as corruption gets exposed
There are growing signs of progress in the Middle East, if you measure by the total number of Facebook users 오디오 서프 다운로드. That number has skyrocketed since 2010, going from 15 million to near 40 million.
Of those users, a growing number are starting to prefer using the site in their own native language, Arabic 다운로드.
Of the 39+ million Arabic users on Facebook, 39% prefer to view the site in their native language, while 36% like it in English.
As more users in the region are coming online, with an obvious desire to access sites in Arabic, there is a rising demand for content that appeals to them, and quite a few social media sites are trying to meet that demand 집 사진 다운로드.
Twitter recently added support for right-to-left languages, including in Arabic, while Storify is working with a team of volunteers in the Middle East to translate their interface into Arabic 다운로드.
Arabic is one of the fastest growing languages on sites like Twitter and Wikipedia, and with Yahoo having just licensed the technology behind smart transliteration tool Yamli, it is becoming increasingly easy for Arabic speakers to interact in their mother tongue online clover download.
via The Next Web
The numbers are not overwhelming, by any means, considering that there are 152 million users in the U.S 골프스윙 동영상. and 232 million in Europe, but it is a positive sign.
// Photo – Sean MacEntee
Did you ever dream about a future where your communications device could transcend language with ease?
Well, that day is a lot closer 마법천자문 ds. Over the next few days, everyone who uses Gmail will be getting the convenience of translation added to their email. The next time you receive a message in a language other than your own, just click on ‘Translate message’ in the header at the top of the message:
and it will be instantly translated into your language:
Back when we launched automatic message translation in Gmail Labs, we were curious to see how people would use it 블러디 로어2.
We heard immediately from Google Apps for Business users that this was a killer feature for working with local teams across the world 단축어로 유튜브 다운로드. Some people just wanted to easily read newsletters from abroad. Another person wrote in telling us how he set up his mom’s Gmail to translate everything into her native language, thus saving countless explanatory phone calls (he thanked us profusely) 다운로드.
Since message translation was one of the most popular labs, we decided it was time to graduate from Gmail Labs and move into the real world.
via – The Official Gmail Blog
// Thx – Mihai Ionescu, Photo – Eyesplash
더 이퀄라이저 2 다운로드
The most extensive listing of free online education I have ever seen. Bookmarking for later.
12 dozen places to education yourself online for free
All education is self-education. Period. It doesn’t matter if you’re sitting in a college classroom or a coffee shop. We don’t learn anything we don’t want to learn 픽셀몬 다운로드.
Broken down by subject and/or category, here are several top-notch self-education resources I have bookmarked online over the past few years.
- History/World Culture
- Computer Science/Engineering
- Foreign/Sign Languages
- Multiple Subjects/Miscellaneous
- Free Books/Reading Recommendations
- Educational Mainstream Broadcast Media
- Online Archives
- Directories of Open Education
Click to start browsing
// Photo – Ed Yourdon
해커스 인강 pc 다운로드