This full-circle scene combines 817 images taken by the panoramic camera (Pancam) on NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity 스틱맨 다운로드. It shows the terrain that surrounded the rover while it was stationary for four months of work during its most recent Martian winter.
Its release this week coincides with two milestones: Opportunity completing its 3,000th Martian day on July 2, and NASA continuing past 15 years of robotic presence at Mars 유튜브 영화 다운로드.
A new study from Carnegie Mellon University found that in 2010, video games wasted about 1% of America’s electrical energy.
They found that up to 75% of energy consumed by video game consoles is during idle use, because the machines don’t have an auto-power-down feature (like every computer does) 가톨릭성가 mp3.
The authors of the study say the cost of implementing this feature is marginal and would save more than $1 billion in utility costs g402.
– By the end of 2010, over 75 million current generation video game consoles (Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, and Sony PlayStation 3) had been sold, meaning that many homes have two or more current generation game consoles
– We estimate that the total electricity consumption of video game consoles in the US was around 11 TWh in 2007 and 16 TWh in 2010 (approximately 1 % of US residential electricity consumption), an increase of almost 50 % in 3 years 다운로드.
– The most effective energy-saving modification is incorporation of a default auto power down feature, which could reduce electricity consumption of game consoles by 75 % (10 TWh reduction of electricity in 2010) 로그레거시.
– A simple improvement that could be implemented now via firmware updates to power the console down after 1 hour of inactivity. Though two of the three current generation consoles have this capability, it is not enabled by default, a modification that would be trivial for console manufacturers 다운로드.
– Saving consumers over $1 billion annually in electricity bills.
Scott Lowe at The Verge points out that in May 2011, Microsoft did update Xbox 360’s firmware to enable auto-power-down by default 천하수담 다운로드. Now it’s up to the rest of industry to catch-up.
One of our top requests from our users is the ability to roam the vast Australian continent. Unfortunately, the remoteness of the outback has posed a challenge for our traditional Street View cars and trikes 인터스텔라 영화 다운로드.
Today, we’re happy to announce that Google has found an innovative way to capture a special collection of images from the back of beyond to include in Google Street View 잠시만 안녕 다운로드.
Over the next four weeks, more than a thousand Big Red kangaroos will be equipped with a 360-degree head camera that will automatically capture images when the marsupial is on the move during daylight hours 젬크래프트 다운로드.
The cameras on our Street Roo collection team will be powered by solar panels stitched into the back pocket of custom-made roo jackets. Images will be wired to Google in real-time 다운로드. A GPS tracker embedded into the jacket will match the location of the kangaroo to ensure the image is accurately uploaded onto the new Street View layer 연희 몽상 다운로드.
The cameras behind Street View from Google have covered large parts of the globe and even many indoor locations. But, have you ever wondered what the vehicles carrying those cameras look like 소나비아 다운로드?