There are many who dream of owning the smallest home they can find; a strong reaction to those who dream of owning a two-story mini-mansion. Here is a CNN profile of a young couple who did just that – moving their two kids, cat and dog into a 168 square foot home (on 3 acres of land):
“The things we have are beautiful, enriching our tiny space 해롱이 게임 다운로드. We got rid of so much and kept the beautiful things,” Hazi Berzins said. “Freeing ourselves from consumer debt and living mortgage-free has cleared the clutter to help us see what is truly important: our relationships, our happiness, each moment.”
And Mayor Michael Bloomberg agrees – or he wants to improve the city’s studios – as he announced a contest to design and build 1.8 million studios in Manhattan rix 고딕 b. Each unit is to be less than 300-square feet and contain a kitchen and bathroom.
New Yorkers love their studios, young quirky families love their tiny homes, how about you – do you enjoy your small or large space 다운로드?
Continue reading CNN profile of a couple moving from a 1,500 to 168-square foot home
There is big news on the small satellite front. From super-secret agencies to the U.S. military, academia, private firms, world space agencies, and NASA, ultra-small satellites are the big thing 클래 시 봇 다운로드.
In sizing up “smallsats,” there are a range of classifications in the less-than-500- kilogram department, be they minisatellites, microsatellites, nanosatellites, picosatellites, palm-size CubeSats, even the diminutive Femto satellite, weighing in at less than 100 grams 다운로드.
Cornell University has begun to delve into a postage stamp-size “satellite on a chip” design, called Sprite, envisioning a swarm of these tiny probes exploring planetary atmospheres for organic compounds n 스토어 영화.
“The knowledge of how to make and use smallsats has passed the tipping point,” Matt Bille told SPACE.com. “It exists worldwide and has fostered a global generation of satellite builders and engineers 웹서버 디렉토리 다운로드. It used to be only a few organizations could build a satellite. Now, a smart teenager with a CubeSat kit and a soldering iron is a space agency. We’ve only begun to grasp the implications of that.”
“The age of microspacecraft is on solid ground now.”
Source: Space.com – Small Satellites Prompt Big Ideas for Next 25 Years
Continue reading The era of micro-spacecraft is here – ultra small satellites are everywhere
This column is focused on “craft” beer, as opposed to the big brands that still dominate beer sales worldwide. The terms “craft beer” and “micro-brew” are sometimes used interchangeably, but they are actually distinct from one another 다운로드.
Micro-breweries produce less than 15,000 barrels of beer per year, while craft beer can be produced by breweries of much greater size.
So what exactly is “craft beer?” The Brewer’s Association (the trade group for craft brewers) offers their own definition 워킹데드 시즌3 다운로드. They say a craft brewer must be small, independent, and traditional.
- By small, they mean annual beer production of no more than two million barrels of beer—Boston Beer, maker of Samuel Adams, is teetering on the brink of this limit and has about a one percent share of the U.S 다운로드. beer market. Many local brewers produce less than a thousand barrels a year.
- By independent, they mean that no more than twenty-five percent of the brewery can be owned by a big brewery like A-B, Miller, or Coors (the Big Three) 우드잡 다운로드.
- Traditional is the hardest to pin down, as they state a traditional brewer is one that has “an all malt flagship” or which uses “adjuncts to enhance rather than lighten flavor”—a subjective matter 서유기 선리기연 다운로드. That’s a dig at the Big Three who use adjuncts (corn or rice) to lighten body and flavor and increase mass appeal.
Via – BH Weekly
Craft Brewing Facts
- Craft brewers currently provide an estimated 103,585 jobs in the U.S 스케치업 2018 한글 다운로드.
- Growth of the craft brewing industry in 2011 was 13% by volume and 15% by dollars compared to growth in 2010 of 12% by volume and 15% by dollars 철권5 다운로드.
- The craft brewing sales share in 2011 was 5.7% by volume and 9.1% by dollars.
- Craft brewer retail dollar value in 2011 was an estimated $8.7 billion, up from $7.6 billion in 2010 wma 파일.
- 1,940 craft breweries operated for some or all of 2011, comprised of 1,063 brewpubs, 789 microbreweries and 88 regional craft breweries.
Source – Brewers Association
And, if you live in Southern California, San Diego has 46 craft brewers for you to try out and 9 more opening this year 다운로드. Get your drink on.
Continue reading Craft beer is rising in America – matching the elegance of beer in Europe
All 786 known planets, to scale.
“This” (tiny gray box) is our solar system. The rest of these orbit other stars and were only discovered recently 다운로드. Most of them are huge because these are the kind we learned to detect first, but now we’re finding that small ones are actually more common.
We know nothing about what’s on any of them 냉탕에상어. With better telescopes that would change.
This is an exciting time.
Find the original graphic on XKCD icube erp download.
Welcome to Rent A Green Box, the first Zero-Waste pack and move solution in America 다운로드!
Do you ever wonder why we’re cutting down our trees to make cardboard moving boxes that are used once, maybe twice, and then tossed into a landfill 다운로드? After all, cardboard boxes aren’t just wasteful and inefficient, they’re also expensive, hard to tape, hard to stack, easily crushed, dirty and dusty 다운로드. With over 16% of the population packing and moving each year, don’t you think it’s time for a CHANGE?
Be part of the “green” solution
You have the ability to choose between disposability and sustainability – and you’ll be excited to learn that choosing sustainability and moving green actually saves you money 영상앨범 산 다운로드!
- Cut your moving costs in half.
- Recopacks, are made from recycled plastic trash 다운로드.
- Delivered for free, direct to your door and then picked up for free after you have them all unpacked.
- They’ve got comfortable handles, stack perfectly, are easily locked during transport 타로카페 다운로드.
- Studio – $99 for 5 medium, 17 large, 3 extra-large (new cardboard $129)
- Small – $149 for 10 medium, 30 large, 10 extra-large (new cardboard $219)
- Medium – $229 for 20 medium, 40 large, 15 extra-large (new cardboard $319)
- Large – $269 for 30 medium, 50 large, 20 extra-large (new cardboard $398)
Continue reading Zero-waste moving – Recopack moving boxes – made from recycled plastic trash