In early August, 2012, Matt Mullenweg delivered his sixth State of the Word, giving us an update on all things WordPress. An interesting talk because WordPress is the dominate platform for bloggers, it powers 17% of the internet, and is the software I use for this blog 윈도우 8.1 pro 다운로드.
Unfortunately, there are no summaries of the talk, only the raw video, slides, and a live blog 다운로드. Which is very strange considering how important this software is. Not to worry, I’ve included a summary below pulled together from personal notes and various blogs:
Summary – State of the Word 2012 – Matt Mullenweg
- WordPress is 9 years old, 6th State of the Word
- WordCamps – in 2006 there was 1 – in 2011 there were 52, and in 2012 there are 75 planned 다운로드.
- Single greatest change of the year – Plugin Headers – which are pictures on plugin pages
- Matt talked a lot about how small changes are the most requested features
- Forums linked to plugins allowing thousands of answered questions 다운로드.
- Improved rating system for plugins. Like Amazon, allowing readers to see individual reviews and authors to respond.
- NUX – new user experience improved, welcome page might become permanent homepage – dashboard is too cluttered
- WordPress 3.5 – coming Dec 다운로드. 5
- Matt wants updates to work more like Chrome (i.e. automatic and in the background)
- Speed updates from 2/year to 3/year
- 3.5 includes Retina Support – Matt says it’s the next big thing
- Many topics about getting involved
- Improve parity between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- JetPack.me offers all the best plugins from *.com for *.org users
- 2.3 million JetPack downloads
- 5 million mobile downloads
- On 6 platforms
- Apps are the future
- First 4 years blogging, next 4 years content management (CMS), next are apps
- More people use WordPress for CMS than for blogging
- App examples: running maps, interactive graphics
- 20,000 people make $$ from WordPress (writing or developing) – in 2011 it was 13,000
- Average cost to develop a WordPress site: $2,000 gov/non-profit – $2,500 small biz – $4,200 corporate
That’s the summary in 26 lines or less 다운로드! If you’re looking for more WPMU has a minute-by-minute breakdown.
Continue reading Summary of Matt Mullenweg’s – State of the Word 2012
Federal Bureau of Investigation agents have finally ditched paper files for a new computer system, an effort that took 12 years and cost more than $600 million 다운로드.
The system, called Sentinel, includes elements resembling Web browsers, with tabs and movable windows, and forms that are filled out in a question-and-answer format similar to consumer tax software 다운로드.
An FBI special agent demonstrated the system, which went live July 1, to reporters Tuesday. Agents can share files electronically and can track changes made by others 큐베이스 7.5 다운로드. RSS feeds, commonly used in Web browsers to aggregate news topics, can be used to track updates on files.
Agents can also use a search feature, entering a phone number, for instance, to see if it occurs in other active cases or leads 어쩌다 계약기사 다운로드.
One of the biggest hurdles to getting agents to accept the system, Mr. Johnson said, has been their reluctance to believe it’s really happening 다운로드.
Source: The Wall Street Journal – FBI Files Go Digital, After Years of Delays
Continue reading FBI finally goes digital, stops using paper
What exactly is a fab lab?
“These spaces, known as Fabrication Labs (fab labs), Hackerspaces, and Tech Shops, share common goals: collaboration and ‘making.’ They exist to give their specific communities the ability to ‘make’ through sharing knowledge and skills 영화 신의한수 다운로드. They provide the technology necessary to make almost anything.
However, these spaces often provide services to a specific or targeted group and are not easily accessible to ‘outsiders’ – traditional Fab Labs are tied to MIT and are generally found in underserved communities, Hackerspaces have membership fees, and Tech-Shops, on average, cost around $1.5 million to start 명탐정 코난 영화. Imagine – what if the Fayetteville Free Library had similar tools as MIT at its fingertips (at an affordable cost), with the knowledge necessary to use them?”
The Fayetteville Free Library is excited to announce the addition of a new public service—the FFL Fab Lab 다운로드.
“Community members will have the opportunity to use this digital media lab to create and edit videos, podcasts and use design software that might otherwise be out of reach 다운로드. The Lab will also offer: Mac desktop, Podcasting station, 2 MakerBot 3D Printer Stations, Adobe Suite, Mac Creative Suite, a Green Screen Wall, Camcorders and digital cameras available for check out 다운로드. Patrons can use the lab for two hour blocks of time when they present a valid library card.
The Fayetteville Free Library is the first library in the United States to offer a free, public access Fab Lab 프린터 드라이버 다운로드.
More information – Fayetteville Free Library launched 3D printing Fab Lab
Continue reading Library has more than books, creates a Fab Lab with 3D printer, podcast studio, green screen
How does this work 다운로드?
Take the timed challenge. If your code passes the test, you will be contacted for a telephone interview. If your code is too similar to another applicant, you will both be disqualified, so please don’t share or post your answers online 유튜브 배경음악 다운로드.
What position are these tests for?
These are for various positions in our Software Engineering department. You can check them all out here 스케치업 2016 32비트 다운로드.
Take the Facebook Programming Challenge!
Just a few days ago the Academy Awards for Scientific and Technical Achievements were announced csr8510 a10 드라이버 다운로드. The 8 awards go to a wide range of professionals in areas such as computer software, high-speed cameras, aerial cameras, and laser film preservation.
In many ways these descriptions are beyond our understanding, but they do, at the very least, bring into your mind the constant innovation in the film business 다운로드.
These awards will be handed out on February 11, 2012, with the main awards show going on two weeks later 다운로드.
Invention and integration of micro-voxels in the Mantra software. This work allowed, for the first time, unified and efficient rendering of volumetric effects such as smoke and clouds, together with other computer graphics objects, in a micro-polygon imaging pipeline 다운로드.
By Andrew Clinton, Mark Elendt
Phantom High-Speed Cameras
Design and engineering of the Phantom family of high-speed cameras for motion picture production. The Phantom family of high-speed digital cameras, including the Phantom Flex and HD Gold, provide imagery at speeds and efficacy surpassing photochemical technology, while seamlessly intercutting with conventional film production 오펀블랙 다운로드.
By Radu Corlan, Andy Jantzen, Petru Pop and Richard Toftness
Continue reading And the Oscar goes to…Researchers, computer scientists, and photographers