With 17% of the web using WordPress it’s no wonder there is a WordCamp every week 비단체. More than that with 75 scheduled for this year. These ‘unconferences’ are informal gatherings of like-minded people from bloggers to developers to creatives 웹쉐어 다운로드. The content is based on those attending and has a heavy bias towards the local community.
From WordCamp Central:
WordCamps come in all different flavors, based on the local communities that produce them, but in general, WordCamps include sessions on how to use WordPress more effectively, beginning plugin and theme development, advanced techniques, security, etc 대학가요제 mp3 다운로드.
Definitely worth attending for the networking and geekery alone. To find one close to you here is a list of WordCamps 다운로드. I found mine and it is in Los Angeles on September 15, 2012.
I’m excited to attend, get my geek on, and learn a ton about WordPress 다운로드. Hope to see you there!
Continue reading WordCamp – attend a WordPress mini-conference – #geek
In early August, 2012, Matt Mullenweg delivered his sixth State of the Word, giving us an update on all things WordPress. An interesting talk because WordPress is the dominate platform for bloggers, it powers 17% of the internet, and is the software I use for this blog 윈도우 8.1 pro 다운로드.
Unfortunately, there are no summaries of the talk, only the raw video, slides, and a live blog 다운로드. Which is very strange considering how important this software is. Not to worry, I’ve included a summary below pulled together from personal notes and various blogs:
Summary – State of the Word 2012 – Matt Mullenweg
- WordPress is 9 years old, 6th State of the Word
- WordCamps – in 2006 there was 1 – in 2011 there were 52, and in 2012 there are 75 planned 다운로드.
- Single greatest change of the year – Plugin Headers – which are pictures on plugin pages
- Matt talked a lot about how small changes are the most requested features
- Forums linked to plugins allowing thousands of answered questions 다운로드.
- Improved rating system for plugins. Like Amazon, allowing readers to see individual reviews and authors to respond.
- NUX – new user experience improved, welcome page might become permanent homepage – dashboard is too cluttered
- WordPress 3.5 – coming Dec 다운로드. 5
- Matt wants updates to work more like Chrome (i.e. automatic and in the background)
- Speed updates from 2/year to 3/year
- 3.5 includes Retina Support – Matt says it’s the next big thing
- Many topics about getting involved
- Improve parity between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- JetPack.me offers all the best plugins from *.com for *.org users
- 2.3 million JetPack downloads
- 5 million mobile downloads
- On 6 platforms
- Apps are the future
- First 4 years blogging, next 4 years content management (CMS), next are apps
- More people use WordPress for CMS than for blogging
- App examples: running maps, interactive graphics
- 20,000 people make $$ from WordPress (writing or developing) – in 2011 it was 13,000
- Average cost to develop a WordPress site: $2,000 gov/non-profit – $2,500 small biz – $4,200 corporate
That’s the summary in 26 lines or less 다운로드! If you’re looking for more WPMU has a minute-by-minute breakdown.
Continue reading Summary of Matt Mullenweg’s – State of the Word 2012
“I’d rather sit on batteries than a tank of gas, in terms of explosion risk,” says Olivier Chalouhi, who became the world’s first Nissan LEAF owner when he took delivery of one in late 2010 영화 취화선 다운로드. It is a sentiment that Patrick Wang, one of the first to own the plug-in hybrid Chevy Volt, shares. “There’s a ton more energy in gasoline than in the battery pack—so to me it’s not a concern at all,” he says 닥터 린타로 다운로드.
The only safety concern among a small sample of EV owners interviewed in conjunction with the May EVS26 electric vehicle symposium in Los Angeles relates to pedestrians’ obliviousness to the quiet electric drivetrain 다운로드. Chalouhi, whose LEAF is equipped with an automatic pedestrian-alert sounder, says he has not had any such issues. Yet Wang, whose Volt is equipped with a driver-actuated pedestrian-alert sound, says that sometimes in parking lots pedestrians have not noticed him, so he activated the chirping noise 다운로드.
Maintenance and driving range
Given that the battery pack is the single most expensive part on the vehicle—some estimates are up to 45 percent of the total cost of the vehicle—questions have been raised as to how frequently it will need to be replaced 다운로드.
via Nick Chambers – Scientific American
Continue reading Electric Car Owners Dish on Their Real-World EV Experiences
Users of blogging platform WordPress can now take advantage of greater integration with Facebook following the social network’s release of a plugin that enables features such as social publishing and mentions 갤럭시s 오딘.
The plugin allows users of both platforms to cross-post their WordPress content to their timeline profiles and pages they manage, as well as to add the names of pages or friends to the posts 잠시만 안녕 mp3 다운로드.
It also allows bloggers to use these widgets:
- Activity Feed: Displays friends’ activity, including likes and comments 워드 2010 다운로드.
- Recommendations: Allows users to offer readers personalized suggestions for pages, as well as a Recommendations Bar option that enables users the option to add content to their timelines as they read 크롬 설치버전 다운로드.
- Customizable buttons for like, subscribe, and send.
- Comments Box: Enables readers to comment on WordPress sites and post back to Facebook, including moderation tools and automatic search-engine-optimization support for Facebook comments visibility 카야노미 다운로드.
via All Facebook
Continue reading New WordPress plugin from Facebok – Facebook for WordPress