If you’re looking for new ways to get around for fun or to work, or might be trying to live a greener lifestyle in 2012, why not try biking? In March 2010 we introduced biking directions and since then Google Maps has been sharing biking directions with cyclists across the U.S and Canada.
Since no bike path is the same, many users have requested an easier way to differentiate the different types of bike routes that are available. Starting today, a new legend feature can help you understand what the different colors on the bike maps symbolize.
- Dark green is for dedicated trails and paths
- Light green is for roads with dedicated lanes
- Dotted green is for roads that are friendly for cyclists
You can view this legend by clicking on the widget in upper right corner of Google Maps and selecting the Bicycling layer. You can also access biking directions on your Android device or by going to maps.google.com on your mobile browser.
Source: Google Lat-Long Blog – New Biking Directions Legend
Users of blogging platform WordPress can now take advantage of greater integration with Facebook following the social network’s release of a plugin that enables features such as social publishing and mentions.
It also allows bloggers to use these widgets:
- Activity Feed: Displays friends’ activity, including likes and comments.
- Recommendations: Allows users to offer readers personalized suggestions for pages, as well as a Recommendations Bar option that enables users the option to add content to their timelines as they read.
- Customizable buttons for like, subscribe, and send.
- Comments Box: Enables readers to comment on WordPress sites and post back to Facebook, including moderation tools and automatic search-engine-optimization support for Facebook comments visibility.
via All Facebook