We asked more than a dozen startups (Thrillist, Fab, Tumblr, Jetsetter, StumbleUpon, Asana, Eventbrite, Warby Parker, Rent the Runway, Coloft, ZocDoc, GetGlue, Foursquare, Birchbox, Modcloth, Evernote) what perks they offer and we’ve grouped these perks into three tiers, giving you the sampling of who offers what and why these companies think it wise to spend money on them.
- Free snacks
- Free coffee
- Casual dress code
- Dog-friendly office
- Ping pong table, pool table, foosball table or basketball hoop.
Wow, That’s Impressive
- Catered lunch every day.
- Paid vacation day on your birthday.
- $100 Uber car credit each month (StumbleUpon) or car service for late nights (Tumblr).
- A “Fun Committee” to plan company outings, such as ice skating, scavenger hunts.
Really? That’s Amazing
- Unlimited sick and vacation days, because “we believe in treating everyone like an adult,” says Braley. (Thrillist, ZocDoc, ModCloth, Foursquare).
- A tab at the local coffee shop, so teammates don’t have to eat the cost of networking (Jetsetter).
- In-office massages, chiropractor and acupuncture sessions every week (Eventbrite).
Just small selection of the perks from the article – Are These the Best Startup Perks You’ve Ever Seen?