But now Amazon has a new game. Now that it has agreed to collect sales taxes, the company can legally set up warehouses right inside some of the largest metropolitan areas in the nation 다운로드. Why would it want to do that? Because Amazon’s new goal is to get stuff to you immediately—as soon as a few hours after you hit Buy.
It’s hard to overstate how thoroughly this move will shake up the retail industry 다운로드. Same-day delivery has long been the holy grail of Internet retailers, something that dozens of startups have tried and failed to accomplish. (Remember Kozmo.com?) But Amazon is investing billions to make next-day delivery standard, and same-day delivery an option for lots of customers 마이크로 소프트 엑셀. If it can pull that off, the company will permanently alter how we shop. To put it more bluntly: Physical retailers will be hosed.
Can Amazon pull it off 우리 아빠 다운로드? It’s sure spending a lot of money to try…Amazon is investing $130 million in new facilities in New Jersey that will bring it into the backyard of New York City; another $135 million to build two centers in Virginia that will allow it to service much of the mid-Atlantic; $200 million in Texas; and more than $150 million in Tennessee and $150 million in Indiana to serve the middle of the country 다운로드. Its plans for California are the grandest of all. This year, Amazon will open two huge distribution centers near Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area, and over the next three years it might open as many as 10 more in the state viber. In total, Amazon will spend $500 million and hire 10,000 people at its new California warehouses.
Source: Slate – I Want It Today: How Amazon’s ambitious new push for same-day delivery will destroy local retail
Continue reading Amazon’s ambitious new plan for same-day delivery – and how it will destroy retail
Owning a plug-in electric car means a new way to fuel 아이폰 섯다 다운로드. The convenience of charging at home can reduce or even eliminate your trips to the gas station, but it also comes with choices.
Get a lower rate
We offer 2 rate plans specifically designed for people with electric cars 오디오 성경 mp3 다운로드. These plans provide lower rates when you charge at night and during off-peak hours. Your selected rate plan and charging level (or voltage) will determine whether you’ll need to upgrade your home’s electrical wiring 다운로드.
Do you need a charging station?
If your electric car has a smaller battery, or if you simply drive less, you can charge your electric car within a few hours using a standard household 120-volt outlet 다운로드. If your electric car has a larger battery or you drive more, you may want a home charging station or dock for faster charging.
- Visit GoElectricDrive for more information on electric cars, charging, and incentives 산돌체 폰트 다운로드.
- Learn more about state and federal programs for which you may qualify.
- Charging Station Map:
Continue reading Getting your home ready for an electric vehicle (EV)
We asked more than a dozen startups (Thrillist, Fab, Tumblr, Jetsetter, StumbleUpon, Asana, Eventbrite, Warby Parker, Rent the Runway, Coloft, ZocDoc, GetGlue, Foursquare, Birchbox, Modcloth, Evernote) what perks they offer and we’ve grouped these perks into three tiers, giving you the sampling of who offers what and why these companies think it wise to spend money on them 한강체 다운로드.
- Free snacks
- Free coffee
- Casual dress code
- Dog-friendly office
- Ping pong table, pool table, foosball table or basketball hoop 악마는 프라다를 입는다 한글자막 다운로드.
Wow, That’s Impressive
- Catered lunch every day.
- Paid vacation day on your birthday.
- $100 Uber car credit each month (StumbleUpon) or car service for late nights (Tumblr) 다운로드.
- A “Fun Committee” to plan company outings, such as ice skating, scavenger hunts.
Really? That’s Amazing
- Unlimited sick and vacation days, because “we believe in treating everyone like an adult,” says Braley 유튜브 삭제 된 영상 다운로드. (Thrillist, ZocDoc, ModCloth, Foursquare).
- A tab at the local coffee shop, so teammates don’t have to eat the cost of networking (Jetsetter) 기타 프로 5.
- In-office massages, chiropractor and acupuncture sessions every week (Eventbrite).
Just small selection of the perks from the article – Are These the Best Startup Perks You’ve Ever Seen 타이틀고딕 다운로드?
Continue reading Start-up perks – the standards, impressive ones, & no way that’s amazing
Sunscreens prevent sunburns, but beyond that simple fact surprisingly little is known about the safety and efficacy of these ubiquitous creams and sprays 다운로드.
FDA’s failure to finalize its 1978 sunscreen safety standards both epitomizes and perpetuates this state of confusion. EWG’s review of the latest research unearthed troubling facts that might tempt you to give up on sunscreens altogether 커뮤니티 다운로드.
That’s not the right answer – despite the unknowns about their efficacy, public health agencies still recommend using sunscreens, just not as your first line of defense against the sun 모델 심.
Here are the surprising facts:
– No consensus on whether sunscreens prevent skin cancer.
– Some evidence that sunscreens might increase the risk of the deadliest form of skin cancer for some people 다운로드.
– The common sunscreen ingredient vitamin A may speed the development of cancer.
– Free radicals and other skin-damaging byproducts of sunscreen 다운로드.
– Pick your sunscreen: nanomaterials or potential hormone disruptors.
– Europe’s better sunscreens 연애의 발견 9회 다운로드.
– The 34th summer in a row without final U.S. sunscreen safety regulations.
keep reading – each fact has an explanation at EWG
// Thx to Swiss Miss, Photo via Robert S 다운로드. Donovan