Weird. I woke up this morning and made a list. Something reminded me of the World Cup and how much fun that was. I couldn’t resist whipping out my phone to write down my favorite memories of 2010.
Well, it appears the world agrees with me and the Year in Review is officially here. Every major site is releasing theirs and that term (“year in review”) is the new meme for them. Here are the search lists from google, yahoo, and bing (thanks Don Reisinger). Twitter also released a top trends of 2010 with an awesome infograph (and some analysis on “promoted trends”).
All interesting if you love data, but if you want pure unadulterated awesomeness then check out YouTube’s top videos of 2010. These are more than data points they are funny-ass commercials, amateur silliness, ridiculous emotional outbursts, and more. They feel like the real culture of America and if you don’t watch them Sarah Palin will make fun of you.
Top 10 Viral Videos
- BED INTRUDER SONG!!!
- TIK TOK KESHA Parody: Glitter Puke – Key of Awe$ome #13
- Greyson Chance Singing Paparazzi
- Annoying Orange Wazzup
- Old Spice | The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
- Yosemitebear Mountain Giant Double Rainbow 1-8-10
- OK Go – This Too Shall Pass – Rube Goldberg Machine version
- THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE – Trailer
- Jimmy Surprises Bieber Fan
- Ken Block’s Gymkhana THREE, Part 2; Ultimate Playground; l’Autodrome
I highly recommend you watch them all and then let me know what your favorite one is!
Awesome Compilation Video