The Next Web is covering the massive rise of Google’s web browser, Chrome:
Remember when Google’s Chrome browser overtook Internet Explorer as the world’s most popular browser for a week back in May? And next, for a full calendar month?
Now, it’s on top and looking to stay…
For July 2012, StatCounter pegged Chrome’s global market share at 33.8 percent, up from 32.8 percent in June and from 22.1 percent in July 2011.
That’s a pretty meteoric rise in one year, or a precipitous drop by the others. Rankings by market share:
- Chrome – 33.8%
- Internet Explorer – 32%
- Firefox – 23.7%
- Safari – 7.1%
Create a Favicon-Only Bookmarks Bar
- Right-click the bookmark on your Bookmarks bar.
- Select Edit…
- Remove all text in the Name field.
- Select Save.
- Repeat until all of your bookmarks are reduced to just favicons.
Pinning tabs is another great space saver. It allows you to reduce the size of a tab down to just the favicon, making it easier to manage important or frequently used tabs on the regular. To enable right-click on a tab and select Pin Tab.
Add Multiple Users to the Same Browser
Adding multiple users to Google Chrome makes it easier to have a household computer without everyone’s personal data being intermixed and confused.
- Click the wrench in the upper-right area of the Chrome window.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Add a User in the Users area of the main Settings menu.
- Sign in to your Google account.
See more things you can do with Chrome via Lockergnome
// Photo – Randy Zhang