Forbes and Bitly pulled together a data set highlighting the most read newspapers by state. In some places certain media is read more than others. Can you guess where NPR is the most popular, or where Fox News is read the most?
The Media Map: Who’s reading what and where
News sources read and shared at above-average levels by state:
- NPR – Oregon
- Fox News – Montana, Texas, Mississippi
- The Onion – New Mexico, Minnesota, Wisconsin
- MSNBC – Idaho, Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Iowa
- Huffington Post – KS, OK, LA, TN, WV, PA, DE
- USA Today – NV, UT, AZ, CO, WY, MI, OH, MO, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL
I’ve always wondered why USA Today was so popular, well, 13 states have it as their favorite, above all other sources like N.Y. Times, NPR, & Fox.
After that, The Huffington Post is the second most loved.
Screenshot below, or view the interactive map on Forbes.