A group of scientists have figured out (at least in part) why overexposure to UV light makes our skin get sore, red and swollen.
It goes like this:
- You sit out in the sun too long 다운로드. (As if you haven’t been told.)
- Inside your skin cells, that little RNA molecule is damaged by UV-B — and its shape gets altered.
- Damaged skin cells release altered pieces of RNA tunesgo.
- The altered RNA can bind to a receptor in undamaged skin cells and immune cells called peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
- These cells, as a result, start pumping out chemicals called cytokines that induce inflammation 어버이날 편지지 다운로드.
- Redness and swelling follow.
That’s not the end of it, though. Even though there’s a short term ramp-up in immune activity during sunburn, later on the immune system is suppressed for a period of time rpg2003.
Learn more: L.A. Times – Ow, sunburn: Scientists figure out what’s going on in our skin
Continue reading Scientists figure out why sun overexposure makes our skin sore (a sunburn!)
The best sunscreen is a hat and a shirt. No chemicals for the skin to absorb, no questions about whether the product works, no bogus claims like “sunblock.” (No conventional product blocks out all rays 임시폴더청소기 다운로드. That’s why the FDA is trying to ban the term. )
But when you can’t avoid exposing your skin to the sun, use EWG’s Sunscreen Guide to find top-rated sunscreens with broad spectrum (UVA and UVB) protection but fewer hazardous chemicals that penetrate the skin 다운로드.
The list has narrowed down over 1800 sunscreens to 188 of the best beach/sport options.
Each one contain the minerals zinc or titanium 다운로드. They are the right choices for people who want the best UVA protection without any chemical considered to be a potential hormone disruptor. None of the products contain oxybenzone or vitamin A, and none are sprayed or powdered 좋은피자 위대한피자 pc 다운로드.
See if your sunscreen is on the list, or find one to buy – EWG Sunscreen Buyer’s Guide 2012
Continue reading The best beach & sports sunscreens