Surf City is putting on an awesome event for surf dogs. Taking place over three days in September, 28-30, 2012, it includes a surf dog competition and other fun events, like a pet fashion show and dog toy expo.
The full schedule:
Friday 6 – 8:00 PM – The Shorebreak Hotel
- 6 PM – Opening Ceremonies & Yappy Hour
- 6:30 PM – Dog is Beachin’ Fashion Show
Saturday, 12 Noon – 4:00 PM – The Strand on 5th
- 12 PM – 4 PM – Pets Love Toys 2-Day Expo
- 12 PM – 1 PM – Doga (dog yoga)
- 1:00 PM – Surf City Dog Costume Contest & Owner Look-a-Like Contest
Sunday, 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM – Dog Beach
- 8:00 AM – Registration Opens
- 8:30 – 1:00 PM - Pets Love Toys 2-Day Expo
- 9 – 1 PM – Surf Dog Competition
- 1 Pm – Surf Dog Finals & Awards
- Immediately after the awards – Closing Ceremony at The Shorebreak Hotel
**Registration is open for all events.
**Follow on Twitter – Facebook
I will definitely be attending with my pup Jesse, and I hope to see you there!
To end with this funny line from the site:
Huntington Beach is going to dogs! The premier dog surfing competition on the dog surfing circuit.
The “dog surfing circuit” – lol
It’s that time of year again and Happy Holidays!
These next few weeks in DC are jam packed with parties and events, the final rush before we all settle down for quiet family nights. Here are my mandatory events:
- Think Impact’s 3rd Annual Gala Celebrating Social Innovation – Thursday at 6:30pm
- Brightest Young Things and Newseum’s Holiday Party Newsuem:ALL ACCESS – Friday at 8pm
- Big Window Labs Houswarming/Launch Party – Friday at 7pm
- DevHouseDC – Saturday from 12-11pm
- Sweets and Tweets with Justin Thorp on being a Director of Customer Happiness – Tuesday, Dec 7, at 7pm
- Potomac Forum’s Holiday Party – Wednesday, Dec 8, at 6pm
- Nclud’s “A Better Holiday” Ugly Sweater Party – Saturday, Dec 11, at 8pm
- Justin Herman’s epic return and Housewarming Party – Sunday, Dec 12 from 12-6pm
- Geek The Halls Holiday Fashion Show – Tuesday, Dec 14, at 7pm
- Refresh DC is hosting Holiday Happy Hour – Thurs, Dec 16, at 7pm
Whew, I’m tired just pulling this list together.
Did I miss any events?