A final summary of the major changes under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) (aka Obamacare):
– Kids can continue to be covered by their parents’ health insurance until they’re 26 다운로드.
– Insurers cannot impose an unreasonable premium increase without justification (generally anything less than 10% is ok) viber.
– Insurers have to tell customers what they’re spending money on, (instead of just “administrative fee”, they have to be more specific) and those expenditures are required to follow the 80/20 rule:
– No more than 20% can be spent on administrative costs, minimum of 80% must go directly to patient care 다운로드.
– A new website is made to give people insurance and health information – healthcare.gov
– Any new health plans must provide preventive care (mammograms, colonoscopies, etc.) without requiring any sort of co-pay or charge 안드로이드 adb 다운로드.
More from this series:
- Summary of Medicare reforms
- Summary of Medicaid expansion and costs
- The individual mandate: penalty and subsidies