The Los Angeles Film Festival has announced its full line-up for 2012, which will screen a diverse slate of nearly 200 feature films, short films, and music videos, representing more than 30 countries, along with signature programs such as the Filmmaker Retreat, Poolside Chats, Coffee Talks, music events and more.
Items of note:
- Opening Night – Woody Allen’s To Rome With Love.
- Closing Night - Magic Mike, directed by Steven Soderbergh, written by Reid Carolin and starring Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey.
- Dirty Dancing - Dance-A-Long at California Plaza on June 22 at 7pm to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the film.
- Community Screenings - E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982).
- Music Video Showcase – consists of two programs. Eclectic Mix is a visual mix tape of this year’s best independent music videos. A Special Focus, DANIELS and Walter Robot go head to head in an event peppered with music videos, shorts, production secrets, feats of strength, audience challenges and possible mime.
Returning to downtown Los Angeles and headquartered at L.A. LIVE for a third year, the Festival will run from Thursday, June 14 to Sunday, June 24.
Passes are currently on sale - LAFilmFest.com.