This year, our ranking highlights the best 1,000 public high schools in the nation—the ones that have proven to be the most effective in turning out college-ready grads.
The list is based on six components provided by school administrators:
- Graduation rate (25 percent)
- College matriculation rate (25 percent)
- AP/IB/AICE tests taken per student (25 percent)
- Average SAT/ACT scores (10 percent)
- Average AP/IB/AICE scores (10 percent)
- AP courses offered per student(5 percent).
Search for your own school or find the best in your area:
The top 10 schools: