- In the first decade of the 21st century, the population of the world produced more economic output than in the first 19 centuries of the common era combined.
- If people do make history, then two people make twice as much history as one. Since there are almost 7 billion people alive today, it follows that they are making seven times as much history as the 1 billion alive in 1811.
- Measured in years lived, the present century, which is only ten years old, is already “longer” than the whole of the 17th century.
- Over 23% of all the goods and services made since 1AD were produced from 2001 to 2010, according to an updated version of Angus Maddison’s figures.
- 55% of all goods and services were made in the 20th century.
via - The Economist – Two thousand years in one chart, More 2,000 years in a single graphic