1) The Skittish Outcast – Burton has built his entire career on the twitchy outcast.
- Edward Scissorhands – Edward Scissorhands
- Beetlejuice & Lydia – Beetlejuice
- Pee Wee – Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
- Mad Hatter – Alice in Wonderland
- Ichabod Crane – Sleepy Hollow
- Willy Wonka – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Ed Wood – Ed Wood
- Sweeney Todd – Sweeney Todd
2) The Blonde Ingenue – The other side of the lady coin in Burton’s world. This director’s obsession with the innocent, blonde ingenue is so strong he’s be-wigged countless brunettes to get that perfect bleached from all sins look.
- Sandra Bloom – Big Fish
- Katrina Van Tassel – Sleepy Hollow
- Kim – Edward Scissorhands
- Johanna – Sweeney Todd
- Vicki Vale – Batman
- Daena – Planet of the Apes
- The White Queen – Alice In Wonderland
3) The Punky Rebellious Young Lady – The misunderstood ladies trapped in a world of their own. These rebels are often the voice of reason in Burton’s mad, mad world.
- Lydia Deetz – Beetlejuice
- Ari – Planet of the Apes
- Carolyn Stoddard – Dark Shadows
- Alice – Alice in Wonderland
- Sally – The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Emily – Corpse Bride
4) Nightmare Face – Horrific, bug-eyed scare jumps that make the audience jump out of their chairs.
- Large Marge – Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
- Max Shreck’s Kiss with Catwoman – Batman Returns
- The bug-eyed witch in the woods – Sleepy Hollow
- Barbara’s rips off her face! – Beetlejuice
keep reading – 10 Things You’ll See in Almost Every Tim Burton Movie
// Thx – Raoul Pop