The company uses 260 million watts which is the output of 1/4 of a nuclear power plant.
For each google search we use 0.3 watt-hours of electricity 다운로드. I’m not sure how much that is but I do like the idea of server firing up when I type in “chad ocho cinco”.
This got me thinking about my last posts discussing how electricity is the main cause of global warming, the follow-up about my local power plant, and the popular solar parking lots 역도요정 김복주 3화 다운로드.
Electricity is the problem of the decade and any bit of savings we can get are huge. A little research shows that retail prices are shooting up, over 41% since 2000 (3.5%/year), and expected to go even higher 다운로드.
This website gives electricity prices for each state and here are the winners:
Highest average price, 2010
- Hawaii (25.12¢ per kWh)
- Connecticut (17.39¢)
- New York (16.31¢)
Lowest average price, 2010
- Kentucky (6.75¢)
- Idaho (6.54¢)
- Wyoming (6.20¢)
I hope you live in the one of the cheap states 다운로드!
Without further ado, here are my 5 favorite energy saving tips.
1. Hang-dry clothes like it’s Little House on the Prairie 베가스 프로 12. There ain’t no shame in letting your undies fly in the wind.
2. Shower quicker or turn off the water during the lather phase avd 동영상 다운로드. It feels weird at first but you get used to it. Remember, every time you touch warm water you are paying to heat it up. Do you use warm water in the hot summer to wash dishes or your hands 다운로드?
3. LED bulbs require some new knowledge. If you shop for one here is what the package will say, “6 Watt LED Replacement for a 50 Watt Incandescent.” That’s a near 90% reduction in lighting costs if you switch to LED but it’s not yet cheap with bulbs going from $12-30 다운로드.
4. Fresh Air…my mom raised me on the stuff. Always opening the windows for me to make sure I didn’t get stuffy. Now I need it all the time and that means no A/C for me 다운로드. I would rather sweat than breath recycled air. Huge energy saver for me.
5. Solar charger for phone. Life is better off the grid and to get started I purchased a solar doohickey. I haven’t plugged in my phone or iPad since. Tip: When buying solar, know that solar panels only produce energy, which means you need a battery pack to store the energy, otherwise you have to plug your phone in when the sun is shining.