We are truly in the age of the internet, or rather the Dawn of the Internet Age, as the number of internet connected homes approaches a billion 다운로드.
The stats on broadband and wi-fi in homes:
According to a new report from Strategy Analytics, 25 percent of all “households” worldwide now have Wi-Fi networks set up 다운로드. In terms of adoption, South Korea tops the list of the 17 countries the firm researched, at 80.3 percent — followed by the UK, Germany, France, and Japan 다운로드. The US comes in at 61 percent, while India is at the bottom with only 2.5 percent.
The firm predicts that by 2016 worldwide household adoption of Wi-Fi will reach 42 percent ios 13 public beta download.
More from the report:
By the end of 2012, 678 million households worldwide will be connected to the internet via broadband — a 8.5% increase from 2011 다운로드. Of these 678 million broadband households, 492 million households (73% of broadband households) will use a wireless router to create to WLAN, or Wi-Fi home network mssql 2012 standard download. Asia Pacific will have the highest number of Wi-Fi households in 2012, representing nearly 38% of global Wi-Fi households.
via The Verge
The Department of Energy (DOE/FEMP) is holding a monthly online seminar focusing on sustainability 리암 갤러거 불법. The sessions provide support for legions of federal workers that are leading the nation into our new green economy.
The first session (of six) focuses on Executive Order 13514, commonly called the sustainable order 다운로드. The following training sessions are as follows:
- Mar 4 – Energy 101
- Apr 1 – Water Efficiency Planning and Implementation
- May 6 – Federal Greenhouse Gas Accounting and Reporting
- Jun 3 – Advanced Metering Requirements and Best Practices
- Jul 1 – Operations, Maintenance, and Commissioning
Each session is available for free through online video streaming 알람 소리 다운로드.
I attended the first one (virtually) and here are my notes. Also, I am keeping out the presenters emails but if you have questions and would like their contacts, please let me know 클립스튜디오 소재 다운로드.
“As the largest consumer of energy in the US economy the Federal government can and should lead by example when it comes to creating innovative ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, increase energy efficiency, conserve water, reduce waste, and use environmentally-responsible products and technologies.”
The thinking behind the Order is to:
- have the federal government “lead by example”
- “take pride in agency accomplishments” (highlight work already being done)
- encourage agencies to think “integrated planning”
- push/pull/force agencies to reach across “stovepipes”
The Federal Government:
- Occupies nearly 500,000 buildings
- Operates more than 500,000 vehicles
- Employs more than 1.8 million civilians
- Purchases more than $500 billion per year in goods and services
Benefits to the Nation:
- Energy savings – Avoided Costs – Jobs – Innovations – Improvements to Local Infrastructure
- Establish an integrated agency strategy for sustainability, including reducing greenhouse gas emissions within the federal government in order to lead by example and achieve a clean energy economy 다운로드.
- “really talking about practical application”
- “requires strategic perspective bringing together the right components”
- “planning is crucial”
- GHG reduction targets, energy efficiency, water use efficiency and mgmt, pollution prevention, waste elimination
- Regional and local integrated planning
- High performance sustainable Federal buildings
- Sustainable acquisition
- Electronics stewardship
- Environmental mgmt systems
Scopes in Greenhouse Gasses, asking for an absolute percentage reduction target for FY 2020, relative to FY 2008 다운로드. Due:
- Scope 1-2 – jan 4, 2010
- Scope 3 – jun 2, 2010
By FY 2015 achieve a %50 or higher solid waste diversion and construction/demolition diversion
This represents “nothing less than a transformational shift in how federal governments operate”
- DOE to develop greenhouse gas accounting and reporting recommendations by April/Oct
- DOT to site sustainable locations for federal facilities
- GSA to develop local transportation logistics
- DOE to write federal fleet mgmt guidance
- GSA to pass along vendor and contractor emissions guidnace
- EPA to write stormwater guidance for federal facilities
Full copy of the briefing: Executive Order 13514 Training