Don’t anger PBS or they will come at you…with numbers and facts. Here is the PBS response to Mitt Romney’s threat to cut their funding during the Denver Presidential Debate:
We are very disappointed that PBS became a political target in the Presidential debate last night 다운로드. Governor Romney does not understand the value the American people place on public broadcasting and the outstanding return on investment the system delivers to our nation 다운로드.
- Two-thirds of voters oppose cuts to funding.
- 91% of American households watch PBS.
- 81% of children aged 2-8 watch PBS.
- A poll shows Americans think PBS is second most important use of public funds, after national defense 파괴의군주 다운로드.
They also say PBS cost each taxpayer $1.35/year, and for every federal dollar they raise another $6 from private sources. Could that be why Mitt thinks they can do without public funds 다운로드?
All in all, I think Mitt would likely take back his PBS threat, if given the chance. Public Broadcasting is like the national parks, 다운로드? 95% of voters want them protected" href="http://1x57.com/2012/08/09/how-nonpartisan-are-national-parks-95-of-voters-want-them-protected/">overwhelmingly supported by the public 다운로드.
But don’t stop there, PBS has an entire website dedicated to this issue – ValuePBS.org – with more facts:
- PBS has a larger audience than HBO, Discovery, Bravo 다운로드.
- 91% higher rating than CNN for news, public affairs.
- 236 million Americans watch PBS every year.
- 145 million stream PBS content on the web 알투비트 다운로드.