The Wikimania 2012 conference will be held July 12-15, 2012, at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
- Meet the wiki community in Washington.
- Join a gathering of experts, enthusiasts, and those who are just curious, in a center of academia, culture, and technology.
- Engage at the official annual conference of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
Wikimania is the annual international conference of the Wikimedia community (which includes Wikipedia). It allows the community and the general public to learn about and share their experiences with free knowledge initiatives all over the world.
- Submit a talk/panel/workshop for Wikimania! – Deadline is March 18.
- Registration is now open! – Early registration discount until April 23.
This conference provides a unique opportunity for the Wikimedia community and its projects – Wikipedia, Wikibooks, Wikinews, Wiktionary, Wikispecies, Wikimedia Commons, and Wikimedia – to come together, share their common goals, and develop better ways to work together on an international level.
- July 6–9: Wikimania Takes Manhattan (special pre-conference event in NYC)
- July 10–11: Hackathon
- July 12–14: Main Conference
- July 15: Unconference
Pre-Conference hacking days and Unconference are open to all attendees. The program for these days will be primarily informal.
The Wikimania 2012 program structure is designed to create multiple opportunities for conference participants to actively engage with the subject matter, the environment, and, most importantly, each other. Washington, D.C, can play an important role in Wikimania 2012 as a locale that gathers interest in government, culture, media, and academia around the general goals of the Wikimania conference series.
- Wikis and the Public Sector
- GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums) & cultural outreach
- WikiCulture and Community
- Research, Analysis, and Education
- Technology and Infrastructure