To get the free space, download the latest build, plug-in your smartphone/camera, and upload all you can.
During this beta period, we are also offering additional free space to test automatic uploading of photos and videos. For every 500MB of photos and videos automatically uploaded, you’ll receive another 500MB space bonus, up to 4.5GB total. [Update: To clarify, you can get up to 5GB of free space with this feature, if you count the initial 500MB space for the first photo import].
- 500MB of free space on first photo import
- Cleanup UI in Windows non admin installation.
- Fix infinite restart of Dropbox when database was corrupted.
- Fix import error on iPhone with lots and lots of photos.
- Better Handling of out of quota issues on first photo import.
- Other small fixes
- Importing of photos from cameras, phones, and SD cards.
- Batch upload/download of files.
Get started – Dropbox Forums