- Kanye West received the most nominations
- Adele and Bruno Mars dominated the big awards
- Adele received six nominations for her album “21,” which included the ubiquitous hit “Rolling in the Deep.”
- Bruno Mars also received six nominations, three for “Grenade,” his song about unrequited love, and three for the album “Doo-Wops and Hooligans.”
- Foo Fighters also received six nominations for the album “Wasting Light,” and the most popular song off that record, “Walk,” was nominated for best rock song.
- All three of those albums are up for Album of the Year and will compete against two albums by flamboyant pop divas:
- “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga
- “Loud” by Rihanna
- Nominees for Record of the Year (best single)
- “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
- “Grenade” by Mr. Bruno
- “Holocene” by Bon Iver
- “The Cave” by the folk group Mumford & Sons
- “Firework” by Katy Perry.
- Bon Iver is nominated for Best New Artist, along with the country trio The Band Perry, the electronic musician Skrillex and the young rappers J. Cole and Nicki Minaj.
via NY Times
The full 2012 Grammy nomination list