Earlier this month, it was reported that Apple would be launching a standalone podcast app in iOS 6. Instead of waiting for the next version of iOS, Apple posted the Podcast app on the App Store today 다운로드.
Podcasts app is the easiest way to discover, subscribe to and play your favorite podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch 1945 스트라이커 3. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts from the Podcasts Catalog, and play the most popular podcasts, organized for you by topic, with the all-new Top Stations feature 마메 슈퍼슬램.
- Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
- Explore hundreds of thousands of podcasts including shows in over 40 languages
- Try the innovative new Top Stations feature to find new podcast series in a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more 인스 타 그램 사진 다운로드.
- Browse by Audio or Video podcasts, or see what’s most popular in Top Charts
- Tap subscribe for your favorites and automatically receive new episodes for free as they become available
- Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
- Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
- Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
- Share your favorite episodes with friends using Twitter, Messages and Mail
- Optionally sync your favorite episodes from iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Sync your episode playback for seamless transition between devices
Back in 2009, NPR ran a story titled “‘Reading Rainbow’ Reaches Its Final Chapter.” At the time, that probably seemed like a reasonable headline — after all, after 26 years, the beloved TV show was going off the air, the victim of changing government funding priorities 다운로드. But it looks like there’s actually a lot more to the Reading Rainbow story, and its next chapter is starting in earnest today, with the launch of a new iPad app 다운로드.
The app was created by RRKidz, a startup co-founded by Reading Rainbow host LeVar Burton and producer Mark Wolfe, which licensed the Reading Rainbow name and content from public TV station WNED 웹 페이지 통째로 다운로드. (It also acquired the Reading Rainbow Twitter account earlier this year.)
“Television was an ’80s medium,” Burton said 마이플랫폼 파일. So after the TV show ended, he and Wolfe asked themselves, “What would today’s technology be?” The obvious answer: The iPad.
More on the startup – Reading Rainbow returns as a startup and an iPad app
If you’re needing to keep Mike & Mike an arm’s length away at all times, ESPN has refreshed its Radio app to help with just that 다운로드. Now optimized to the iPad in addition to the iPhone and iPod touch, the software allows you to sort your listening habits by sports, teams and athletes that you follow 7월 멜론 탑100 다운로드.
The free version offers access to podcasts, the 20-minute SportCenter cycle, and offline listening for on-demand content.
The premium version — touting custom stations / playlists, live audio pause / rewind, myESPN personalization, alerts / push notifications and a few more gems to keep you well informed on the latest Red Sox debacle 축복하노라 다운로드. Though, you’ll have to shell out $4.99 for the premium app and its 35 ESPN radio stations.
What about Android and WP7 devices, you ask? The folks in Bristol claim that apps for those platforms will arrive later this summer 다운로드.
ESPN RADIO V4.0 – in iTunes
PBS Kids Video
The free PBS KIDS Video app brings all your child’s favorite shows right to your iPad 3utools download. Curious George, The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That, Dinosaur Train, SUPER WHY!, Sesame Street and Wild Kratts and are all here and ready to entertain and educate 다운로드.
This Monday, June 11, Apple will host one of its biggest events of the year, WWDC, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA. First thing in the morning will be the famous Keynote presentation where Apple’s top brass takes the stage to preview the latest treasures in their chest 마크 텍스쳐팩.
Here are just a few of those expected to be announced:
- iOS 6 – the banners advertising this at the conference are already being hung – a small update compared to iOS 5, but it does introduce Apple Maps (and kicks out Google Maps) 소설 템빨 다운로드. A complete Facebook integration and bringing Siri to the iPad, among the rumors.
- iCloud – photo-sharing to social media sites and video stream, where videos are synced in the cloud 영화 치즈인더트랩 다운로드.
- New Macs – the consensus seems to indicate that the entire Mac lineup will be refreshed with Retina Displays. With that as the primary change there could also be a shrinking of the MacBook Pro size and multiple spec updates 플래시 플레이어 다운로드.
With Apple’s notorious secrecy there is the potential for multiple big surprises. Plus, this will be the first WWDC without Steve Jobs so it will be interesting to see how Tim Cook and crew pave the way 다운로드.
For an in-depth look at all these new features – 9to5 Mac – WWDC 2012 Roundup
아이폰에서 음악 다운로드
We are happy to announce the release of our new video player for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
The updated player includes the following features:
- Larger, more separated play controls appropriate for how people use these devices
- Exploration during video play with thumbnail images on the scrub bar
- Access for audio/subtitles settings and other existing player features
- In Canada we also added easier “do not share” capability for Facebook-connected members
Stay tuned for similar updates to our App for Android 다운로드.
If you’ve ever wondered what type of tree was nearby but didn’t have a guide book, a new smartphone app allows users with no formal training to satisfy their curiosity and contribute to science at the same time 주분투 다운로드.
Scientists have developed the first mobile app to identify plants by simply photographing a leaf. The free iPhone and iPad app, called Leafsnap, instantly searches a growing library of leaf images amassed by the Smithsonian Institution 다운로드. In seconds, it returns a likely species name, high-resolution photographs and information on the tree’s flowers, fruit, seeds and bark.
Users make the final identification and share their findings with the app’s growing database to help map the population of trees one mobile phone at a time 상하이 애니팡 다운로드.
via U-T San Diego
// Photo – flatworldsedge
We’re releasing a new “liquid” layout.
Flickr’s “liquid” design adjusts the photo page and image size based on the size of your browser window 영화 어메이징 스파이더맨2 다운로드. With that your photos will look great on a laptop screen, and look even more stunning on larger screens. With the new design:
- The biggest photo size is shown depending on your browser window
- There is absolutely no “upscaling”, and we try to avoid downsampling as much as possible 다운로드.
- The title and the sidebar are visible without scrolling on landscape oriented photos. (which are the vast majority of photos on Flickr.)
via Flickr Blog
And, from Webmonkey:
Web developers, take note: Flickr’s new layout isn’t just eye-catching, it’s also somewhat responsively designed — adjusting to the myriad screens on the web today and displaying the best photo possible without clogging your tubes with huge photo downloads fusion 360. Flickr does stop short of scaling pages down to phone-size screens — for which there is a separate mobile website — but it resizes nicely to handle tablets 다운로드.
That’s right, Flickr is the latest (and perhaps the largest) website to embrace not just a mostly responsive design with a liquid layout and media queries, but also a responsive approach to images 다운로드.
Are we seeing a new development in design, the – “take into account the iPad” ?
// Thx – Jon Jensen
28% of Americans age 18 and older own at least one specialized device for e-book reading – either a tablet or an e-book reader 데어 랑그릿사 다운로드.
The holiday season saw a huge boost in ownership for both e-readers and tablets. Both jumped 9%, meaning that nearly one in ten Americans received a device over the holidays 다운로드.
The average reader of e-books says she has read 24 books in the past 12 months, compared with an average of 15 books by a non-e-book consumer 다운로드.
78% of those ages 16 and older say they read a book in the past 12 months.
Overall, those who reported reading the most books in the past year include: women compared with men; whites compared with minorities; well-educated Americans compared with less-educated Americans; and those age 65 and older compared with younger age groups 다운로드.
30% of those who read e-content say they now spend more time reading, and owners of tablets and e-book readers particularly stand out as reading more now.
The longer people have owned an e-book reader or tablet, the more likely they are to say they are reading more 배민라이더스.
The prevalence of e-book reading is markedly growing, but printed books still dominate the world of book readers.
In our December 2011 survey, we found that 72% of American adults had read a printed book and 11% listened to an audiobook in the previous year, compared with the 17% of adults who had read an e-book songr.
There are four times more people reading e-books on a typical day now than was the case less than two years ago.
10x more stats at – The rise of e-reading, Pew Internet
And, a fun ending:
Why people like to read.