Sunscreens prevent sunburns, but beyond that simple fact surprisingly little is known about the safety and efficacy of these ubiquitous creams and sprays 다운로드.
FDA’s failure to finalize its 1978 sunscreen safety standards both epitomizes and perpetuates this state of confusion. EWG’s review of the latest research unearthed troubling facts that might tempt you to give up on sunscreens altogether 커뮤니티 다운로드.
That’s not the right answer – despite the unknowns about their efficacy, public health agencies still recommend using sunscreens, just not as your first line of defense against the sun 모델 심.
Here are the surprising facts:
– No consensus on whether sunscreens prevent skin cancer.
– Some evidence that sunscreens might increase the risk of the deadliest form of skin cancer for some people 다운로드.
– The common sunscreen ingredient vitamin A may speed the development of cancer.
– Free radicals and other skin-damaging byproducts of sunscreen 다운로드.
– Pick your sunscreen: nanomaterials or potential hormone disruptors.
– Europe’s better sunscreens 연애의 발견 9회 다운로드.
– The 34th summer in a row without final U.S. sunscreen safety regulations.
keep reading – each fact has an explanation at EWG