STEVEN JAMES MANDZIK
steve [at] 1X57.com
Palantir Technologies (contractor)
Sept 2010 – Jun 2011, Washington DC
- Managed Palantir’s online presence for the U.S. Intelligence Community.
- Included wiki support pages, authoritative blog posts, community interfacing via chat, Chirp (Twitter clone), & e-mail, and lead generation.
Director of Green IT
Sept 2009 – Sep 2010, Washington DC
- Write technical documents that describe “green” upgrades to critical infrastructure, including ROI estimates, budget outlays, and compliance with strategic direction.
- Lead federal compliance with White House sustainability initiatives and with in-house environmental board.
Community Manager, Evangelist, Founder
A Clean Life, 501(c)3 non-profit
May 2009 – September 2009, Washington DC
- Community – building and outreach through events, social media, and leadership development.
- Speaker – presentations to small/large groups on Obesity and Zero Waste.
- In-person – work with individuals and business in their locations to develop sustainable Zero Waste habits.
- Education – publish articles on a daily basis, real-time communication with community.
- Entrepreneur – manage corporate affairs of the non-profit application.
Project Manager & Community Manager
World Intelligence Review (WIRe), LMI
Feb 2008 – May 2009, Washington DC
- Project Management – meet needs of the Director for an integrated web presence. Including all 4 agency directorates and an open media center.
- Requirements – develop a comprehensive list of future needs, prioritize, and delivery on a timely schedule.
- Community Manager – work closely with web 2.0 community to determine customer issues, areas of need, and areas for growth.
- Innovation – provided strategic consulting for growing the site to become an industry leader, as it currently is.
Community Manager & Social Media Trainer
British Aerospace Engineering, American Intelligence Division
July 2006 – Jan 2008, Washington DC
- Wiki Trainer – twice monthly classes providing innovative instruction in all web 2.0 tools to include wikis, blogs, browsers, tags, chat, and general industry trends.
- Web 2.0 Expert – utilize years of social media experience to advise the stakeholders on appropriate uses for new technology.
- Leadership – step into any role needed to ensure community success, to include development work, people issues, major events, etc.
Community Manager, Customer Service, & Trainer
Blizzard Entertainment, World of Warcraft
November 2004 – April 2006, CA
- Success – managed explosive growth of customers into the several million users.
- Manager – directed a small team directly and co-managed a large floor of employees.
- 24/7 Support – part of a team that ensured continual uptime and pre-fixing new problems.
- Trainer – instructed new employees in all aspects of customer service using personally developed curriculum.
Public School Teacher/Trainer
Middle School, History
September 2003 – June 2004, Irvine, CA
- Manage – handle six separate classes of 35+ students each day.
- Learning – focus on building knowledge and skills of the students.
- Quality – provide regular reviews for students and myself on quality of the classroom instruction.
- Public – regularly interface with parents and community leaders to improve the quality of education and culture for the students.
Science Instruction, Learning Centers, & Student Teaching
August 2001 – August 2003, Irvine, CA
- Large group instruction – lecture and provide hands-on training for various skills.
- Curriculum – work with and develop learning plans to achieve educational goals.
- Individual Tutoring – assess and identify needs, develop a plan to cure, and begin an instruction program.
- All ages – basic reading skills, advanced math, learning strategies.
UCLA Police Department, Restaurants, Custodian, & Tutor
July 1996 – August 2001, Huntington Beach, CA
- Customer Service Tickets – handle requests and ensure successful outcomes.
- Tasks – responsible for completion of needed tasks.
- Service – friendly relations with customer to ensure meeting needs.
- Details – focus on details that make each task over successful.
Post – Baccalaureate (2 years)
- Executive JD
- Concord University School of Law
- Jan 2008 – Sep 2009
- California State University, Fullerton
- Nov 2001 – May 2003
- UCLA – University of California, Los Angeles, 2001