Read My Manifesto for this blog.
I’m a big fan of films about the ocean. Most of these are music videos with surfing as the background visual. Check them out to find favorite new songs, immerse yourself in the water culture, or simply enjoy the sports action.
- America’s best high school (search for your own).
- Stereotypes in Europe – who is the hardest working and most corrupt?
- 10 more Netflix streaming recommendations from Roger Ebert.
- A taxi driver get a lesson on patience from an older woman passing away.
- A mother writes a letter on life to her daughter.
- The Vogue magazine of Britain profiles the Queen’s favorite clothes colors by percentage.
- Some really geeky easter egg decorations.
- A photo of lightning striking eight times in 20-seconds on the Bay Bridge in San Francisco.
- Infographic: global carbon footprint by continent (and in the shape of a foot).
- LACMA’s new museum piece – a 340-ton boulder you can walk under.
- 8-bit art for the Game Developers Conference.
- A Tumblr blog finds all the monsters in Google’s 8-bit map.
- Netflix Instant Streaming Recommendations from Roger Ebert.
- The top 12 streaming documentaries on Netflix from their Chief Content Officer.
- Bloom Energy – an update – from start-up to acceleration this company is winning.
Cheers to a New Year! – January 2012
- The year in podcasts – best of 2011.
- Photos of the Google Street View car, snowmobile, bicycle, and push-cart.
- Got Adderall? – The great D.E.A. vs F.D.A. duke out.
- Steve Jobs washing machine from Miele – innovator approved.
At the edge of creativity – December 2011
- Feliz Navidad by Jorge Narvaez and his cute young daughter Alexa (plus cover songs)
- Another theater goes luxury - Newport Beach Island Cinema gets leather seats and bistro food.
- Steve Jobs approved washing machine from Miele
- How to watch sports online, from all the major leagues – NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, & MLS
- My obsession with older women, gray hair, and Christine Lagarde
At the intersection of science and the humanities – November 2011
- Why does Mark Zuckerberg hate “beta” development?
- The Amygdala controls your emotions and determines if you’re gay or not
- Awesome commercials: the morning commute with evil preppy twins & Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne
- Second Life failed because Facebook became our second life
- Price comparison of Thanksgiving turkeys
- NASA’s latest Mars probe, Curiosity, a nuclear robot with science fiction abilities